Association Executive Services
The nature of volunteer-governed organizations often involves time-pressed volunteers, leadership turnover, and Board members who may be experts in their profession but not as experienced with non-profit management. By providing association executive services, SBI performs a fiduciary function for the association, invokes industry best practices, and provides financial and business management expertise while providing continuity in leadership. SBI’s Association Executives serve in the role of Executive Director for our clients and work in partnership with the Board and staff to provide leadership, vision, and direction for the organization and to develop an organizational strategy. The dedicated SBI staff member serving as Executive Director for your organization becomes your single most valuable resource.
- Full Executive Director services and counsel to association leadership
- Implementation of strategic initiatives, programs, and policies
- A CFO to ensure strong financial foundations
- Visionary leadership for evolving associations
- A liaison with national offices, other chapters or branches
- Board development and orientation
- Strategic planning
- Bylaws creation, review and revisions
- Crisis management
- Oversight of association staff
Don’t need a Full-Time ED?
One of the benefits of our AMC model is that we provide access to executive expertise as needed, depending on your organization’s size and budget.
Support to Outside Executive Directors
SBI can support associations with a solid support structure while keeping your Executive Director in place. This model plays to everyone’s strengths – your ED as an industry expert who can focus on the strategic direction of the organization and strengthening partnerships, and ours as a solid team of professionals to handle day-to-day operations and support to all members.