Member Services Coordinator
Do you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment where prioritizing and multi-tasking are the norm?
Are you proactive and forward-thinking?
Do you take pride in your work and ownership of your projects?
Are you a natural relationship builder and collaborative problem solver?
Have you worked within CRM systems, maintained websites, and assisted with marketing campaigns?
Have you been in the workforce for a few years and are now looking to assume greater responsibility?
If you answered “yes” to the questions above, consider applying online for the Member Services Coordinator position with SBI Association Management, the leading Association Management Company (AMC) in the Pacific Northwest. SBI Association Management is known for providing innovative technology solutions, marketing, event management, financial, and executive services to manage and grow member-based, professional societies and associations.
In this role, you will support our team of Association Executives, Event Managers, and Marketing specialists in providing exceptional customer service and project support to nonprofit clients. The environment at SBI is fast-paced, fun, and challenging. We encourage our staff members to work as a team and bring new ideas to the table every day, creating new innovative processes to foster stronger relationships with our clients.
In this position, you will:
- Provide executive-level administrative support to a portfolio of regional and national associations, working closely with an Association Executive, Board of Directors, and volunteer committees
- Engage with members and prospective members as the primary contact for several nonprofit associations, answering phone and email inquiries
- Create, assign, and complete multiple tasks throughout the day using our professional services automation software CRM
- Set up, manage, and maintain multiple membership databases; make suggestions for improvements and develop timelines for implementation
- Effectively juggle multiple routine tasks supporting a variety of association programs and projects
- Develop, edit, and publish engaging and relevant content for marketing communications including websites, e-blasts, e-newsletters, brochures, and direct mail campaigns
- Create and maintain online components of client websites to include registration forms, surveys, job postings, listservs, etc.
- Provide conference planning support: coordinate registration, speaker and exhibitor communications, committee support, and staff registration at meetings and/or events; some travel required
- Schedule small meeting venues and coordinate all food and beverage, AV, and event setup logistics
- Create invoices and prepare receipts as requested; code invoices for AE review and approval
- In the absence of Association Executive, serve as primary point of contact to clients
- Three or more years professional experience in account services, project management, and/or high-level administrative support role, preferably supporting multiple clients and/or accounts simultaneously
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, nonprofit management, or related field
- Exceptional customer service skills; enjoy working with the public
- High energy, positive, professional attitude; take pride in work product
- First-class organizational and time management skills with demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize concurrent tasks efficiently
- Superior attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to proofread and edit written communications
- Proactive project coordination skills; able to see “the big picture” and anticipate needs
- Ability to produce error-free written content quickly, accurately and on tight deadlines
- Great team member: willing to roll up your sleeves and pitch in to help your colleagues when needed
- Strong computer skills to include: Microsoft Office Suite; experience using AMS or CRM platforms desirable
- Basic web design experience and/or knowledge of HTML a plus
- Involvement with meeting/event planning a plus
- Experience working with non-profit organizations/associations, volunteers and/or boards of directors a plus
- Experience with budgets and financial systems preferred
What we offer
A highly collaborative and professional atmosphere where innovation, proactivity, and efficiency rule. We work hard together and laugh even harder. Our Shindig Squad plans fun parties, potlucks, happy hours, recognition awards, and more! We value problem-solvers and change-agents, and your contributions will be truly appreciated.
Annual salary $38 – 44K DOE plus benefits including health insurance paid at 80%, 401K employer contribution, 10 paid holidays, vacation and wellness time, professional development plan, and an annual educational stipend.
WORKING WITH SBI ASSOCIATION MANAGEMENT:
As the leading AMC in the Pacific Northwest, SBI Association Management is known for providing innovative technology solutions, marketing, event management, and financial and executive services to manage and grow member-based professional societies and associations. SBI provides strategic counsel and manages the day-to-day of its client organizations so their members can thrive. Learn more at www.sbims.com.
SBI is located in the Northgate area of Seattle and was named as one of the 2012 finalists for Washington’s Best Workplaces by the Puget Sound Business Journal. We have a hardworking, dedicated team who will participate in the hiring process. All finalists may be asked to take an assessment evaluation and will receive a background check.