Member Services Coordinator
We are seeking a proactive and purpose-driven individual to join our team as a Member Services Coordinator. In this role, you will support our team of Association Executives, Event Managers, and Marketing and Member Services specialists in providing exceptional customer service and project support to our clients. This position also supports the implementation of best practices and the adoption of high standards of excellence for managing client data. This position reports directly to the Director of Member Services and serves as a member of the Member Services team.
The location of this position may vary based upon our current needs. Employees in this position may work from our Seattle, WA office, or remotely from home after the initial training period.
What you’ll be doing…
- Providing executive-level administrative support to a portfolio of regional and national associations, working closely with an Association Executive, Board of Directors, and volunteer committees
- Engaging with members and prospective members as the primary contact for several associations, answering phone and email inquiries
- Creating, assigning, and completing multiple tasks throughout the day using our professional services automation software CRM
- Setting up, managing, and maintaining multiple membership databases; making suggestions for improvements and developing timelines for implementation
- Effectively juggling multiple routine tasks supporting a variety of association programs and projects
- Developing, editing, and publishing engaging and relevant content for marketing communications including websites, e-blasts, e-newsletters, brochures, and direct mail campaigns
- Creating and maintaining online components of client websites to include registration forms, surveys, job postings, listservs, etc.
- Providing conference planning support: coordinating registration, speaker and exhibitor communications, committee support, and staff registration at meetings and/or events (some travel required)
- Scheduling small meeting venues and coordinating all food and beverage, AV, and event setup logistics
- Creating invoices and prepare receipts as requested; coding invoices for AE review and approval
- In the absence of Association Executive, serving as primary point of contact to clients
You should bring these things to the table…
- Three or more years professional experience in account services, project management, and/or high-level administrative support role, preferably supporting multiple clients and/or accounts simultaneously
- Exceptional customer service skills; enjoy working with the public
- High energy, positive, professional attitude; take pride in work product
- First-class organizational and time management skills with demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize concurrent tasks efficiently
- Superior attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to proofread and edit written communications
- Proactive project coordination skills; able to see “the big picture” and anticipate needs
- Ability to produce error-free written content quickly, accurately and on tight deadlines
- Great team member: willing to roll up your sleeves and pitch in to help your colleagues when needed
- Strong computer skills to include: Microsoft Office Suite; experience using AMS or CRM platforms desirable
It would be extra awesome if you also had…
- Experience working with nonprofit organizations, volunteers and/or boards of directors
- Exposure to Salesforce or other customer relationship management (CRM) systems
- Involvement with meeting/event planning, event registration, and execution
- Experience with budgets and financial systems
- Basic web design experience and/or knowledge of HTML
What we offer…
As the leading Association Management Company (AMC) in the Pacific Northwest, SBI Association Management is known for providing innovative technology solutions, marketing, event management, financial, and executive services to manage and grow member-based, professional societies and associations. Our success is deeply rooted in building a seasoned, strong team with a culture of collaboration, integrity, and transparency. Read more about our Vision, Mission, Values, and Commitments.
We work hard together and laugh even harder; our Shindig Squad plans fun parties, potlucks, virtual happy hours, recognition awards, staff retreats, and more! We value problem solvers and change agents, and your contributions will be truly appreciated. Meet the folks you would be working with.
Benefits & Perks
- 11 paid holidays
- Paid vacation and wellness time
- 401k with 50% employer match
- Employer-subsidized healthcare plans including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Employer-paid $25k of basic life/AD&D coverage
- Optional supplemental life insurance
- Access to our employee assistance program (including 3 free counseling sessions, will preparation, estate planning, and more)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid professional association membership(s)
- …and much more!