Member Services Coordinator
Location: Seattle, WA – Remote
Range: $24.00 – $27.00 per hour, DOE
As the leading Association Management Company (AMC) in the Pacific Northwest, SBI Association Management is known for providing innovative technology solutions, marketing, event management, financial, and executive services to manage and grow member-based, professional societies and associations.
Employees in this position provide day-to-day customer service, administrative support, and project management as well as marketing and event coordination support to a portfolio of SBI’s membership organizations. This position reports directly to an Association Executive or Team Manager.
What you’ll be doing…
- Provide executive-level administrative support to a portfolio of regional and national associations, working closely with an Association Executive, Board of Directors, and volunteer committees
- Engage with members and prospective members as the primary contact for several nonprofit associations, answering phone and email inquiries
- Create, assign, and complete multiple tasks throughout the day using our professional services automation software CRM
- Set up, manage, and maintain multiple membership databases; make suggestions for improvements and develop timelines for implementation
- Effectively juggle multiple routine tasks supporting a variety of association programs and projects
- Develop, edit, and publish engaging and relevant content for marketing communications including websites, e-blasts, e-newsletters, brochures, and direct mail campaigns
- Create and maintain online components of client websites to include registration forms, surveys, job postings, listservs, etc.
- Provide conference planning support: coordinate registration, speaker and exhibitor communications, committee support, and staff registration at meetings and/or events; some travel required
- Schedule small meeting venues and coordinate all food and beverage, AV, and event setup logistics
- Under supervision of Association Executive, assist with budget development and monthly review of financial statements.
- Create invoices and prepare receipts as requested, code invoices for AE review and approval
- With oversight from the Association Executive, create, run, and interpret membership, registration and budget reports
- Provide staff support to volunteer committees
- In the absence of Account Executive serve as primary point of contact to clients
- Serve as project manager for selected projects (e.g., membership database upgrades, webinars, reaccreditation)
- Other duties as assigned
You should bring these things to the table…
- 2+ years of professional experience in customer service, account services, and/or administrative support role, preferably supporting multiple clients and/or accounts
- Degree in business, communications, nonprofit management, or related field preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills, focusing on building and maintaining relationships with members and prospective members
- Superior attention to detail; first-class organizational and time-management skills with demonstrated ability to manage concurrent tasks efficiently
- Ability to produce error-free written content quickly, accurately, and on tight deadlines
- Strong computer skills to include Microsoft Office Suite; experience using AMS or CRM database systems desirable
- Involvement in meeting/event planning, event registration, and execution a plus
- Great team member with a willingness to roll up your sleeves and pitch in to help your colleagues with a positive and professional attitude
- Experience working with nonprofit organizations, volunteers and/or boards of directors a plus
- Basic web design experience and/or knowledge of HTML a plus
As the leading Association Management Company (AMC) in the Pacific Northwest since 1981, SBI Association Management is known for providing innovative technology solutions, marketing, event management, financial, and executive services to manage and grow member-based, professional societies and associations. Our success is deeply rooted in building a seasoned, strong team with a culture of collaboration, integrity, and transparency.
We work hard together and laugh even harder. We value problem solvers and change agents, and your contributions will be truly appreciated. Join us and add your talents to our exceptional team.
What we offer…
Benefits & Perks
- 11 paid holidays
- Paid vacation and wellness time
- 401k with 50% employer match
- Employer-subsidized healthcare plans including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Employer-paid $25k of basic life/AD&D coverage
- Optional supplemental life insurance
- Access to our employee assistance program (including 3 free counseling sessions, will preparation, estate planning, and more)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid professional association membership(s)
- …and much more!