Member Services Administrator
Location: US – either remote or based out of our Seattle, WA office
Range: $18.00 to $22.00 per hour, DOE
We are seeking a proactive and purpose-driven individual to join our team as a Member Services Administrator. In this role, you will support our team of Association Executives, Event Managers, and Marketing and Member Services specialists in providing exceptional customer service and project support to our clients. This position also supports the implementation of best practices and the adoption of high standards of excellence for managing client data. This position reports directly to the Director of Member Services and serves as a member of the Member Services team.
The location of this position may vary based upon our current needs. Employees in this position may work from our Seattle, WA office, or remotely from home after the initial training period.
What you’ll be doing…
- In the first few months, your main responsibility will be to learn! We provide an extensive training program.
- Providing day-to-day administrative support to multiple associations
- Engaging with members and prospective members as the primary contact for several associations, answering phone and email inquiries
- Creating, assigning, and completing multiple tasks throughout the day using our professional services automation software CRM
- Assisting in the development of engaging and relevant content for marketing communications, including websites, e-blasts, e-newsletters, brochures, and direct mail campaigns
- Maintaining multiple client databases and online components of client websites to include registration forms, surveys, job posting forums, listservs, committee communications, etc.
- Providing meeting preparation through support of registration, speaker communications, exhibitor and committee support and event attendance; staffing registration desk at meetings and/or events
- Managing logistics and execution of client webinars to include registration, speaker communications, exhibitor and committee support, event attendance and day-of duties.
- Creating invoices and preparing receipts as requested, among other financial reporting duties
- Scheduling client meetings with venues; supporting logistical planning and reservations as needed
- Coordinating with association leadership and volunteers in order to provide first-rate service to association members
You should bring these things to the table…
- 2+ years of professional experience in customer service, account services, and/or administrative support role, preferably supporting multiple clients and/or accounts
- Degree in business, communications, nonprofit management, or related field preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills, focusing on building and maintaining relationships with members and prospective members
- Superior attention to detail; first-class organizational and time-management skills with demonstrated ability to manage concurrent tasks efficiently
- Ability to produce error-free written content quickly, accurately, and on tight deadlines
- Strong computer skills to include: Microsoft Office Suite; experience using AMS or CRM database systems desirable
- Great team member with a willingness to roll up your sleeves and pitch in to help your colleagues with a positive and professional attitude
It would be extra awesome if you also had…
- Experience working with nonprofit organizations, volunteers and/or boards of directors
- Involvement with meeting/event planning, event registration, and execution
- Basic web design experience and/or knowledge of HTML
What we offer…
As the leading Association Management Company (AMC) in the Pacific Northwest, SBI Association Management is known for providing innovative technology solutions, marketing, event management, financial, and executive services to manage and grow member-based, professional societies and associations. Our success is deeply rooted in building a seasoned, strong team with a culture of collaboration, integrity, and transparency. Read more about our Vision, Mission, Values, and Commitments.
We work hard together and laugh even harder; our Shindig Squad plans fun parties, potlucks, virtual happy hours, recognition awards, staff retreats, and more! We value problem solvers and change agents, and your contributions will be truly appreciated. Meet the folks you would be working with.
Benefits & Perks
- 11 paid holidays
- Paid vacation and wellness time
- 401k with 50% employer match
- Employer-subsidized healthcare plans including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Employer-paid $25k of basic life/AD&D coverage
- Optional supplemental life insurance
- Access to our employee assistance program (including 3 free counseling sessions, will preparation, estate planning, and more)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid professional association membership(s)
- …and much more!