Marketing & Communications Coordinator
SBI Association Management provides innovative solutions to manage and grow nonprofits including a client portfolio of 30 national, state and local associations. Our success is deeply rooted in building a seasoned, strong team with a culture of responsibility, innovation, efficiency, honesty, and partnership. If you are self-motivated, creative, and passionate about marketing and communications please apply online today.
As a member of the Marketing and Communications team, you will implement marketing plans and provide project management support to a variety of non-profit professional associations being served by SBI, as well as provide marketing support directly to SBI. You will have the opportunity to flex your creativity by taking a lead role in developing engaging inbound marketing strategies and producing effective email marketing campaigns, promotional materials, newsletters, and social media. The ideal candidate must thrive in a challenging and fast-paced atmosphere where prioritizing and multi-tasking are the norm. Exceptional written and verbal communication, attention to detail, and first-class organizational skills are mandatory. This is a cross-functional position which serves on a Member Services Team, reporting directly to a Team Manager, while also actively participating as a member of SBI’s Marketing and Communications Team.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and own execution of membership and event marketing and communications projects and timelines (e.g. email, web, and print)
- Project manage new client website transitions and existing client website redesigns
- Identify areas for improvements across all client websites and communications; implement quality control measures and improvements
- Produce error-free written content quickly, accurately and on tight deadlines
- Serve as a proofreader for other members of the team
- Research new web-based technology platforms on behalf of SBI and clients
- Ensure regular collaboration and communication with Marketing and Communications, Member Services, Events, and Finance teams to successfully execute assigned projects
- Create and maintain event database components of client websites to include registration forms, surveys, etc.
- Generate web analytics and membership reports
- Lead the creation of client membership and event publications
- Develop marketing budgets and/or work within established budgets; create invoices and receipts as requested; track expenses for budget reconciliation
- Project manage the creation of event marketing materials including postcards, brochures, sponsorship and exhibitor prospectuses, signage
- Assist with sponsor/exhibitor solicitation and stewardship
- Research, recommend and maintain solid relationships with graphic designers, printers, and other vendors
- Staff client events; includes occasional travel to regional and national meetings
- Perform data entry, daily administrative and assigned project management functions
- Successfully multi-task and prioritize workload and delegate tasks to other team members
- Three or more years of professional experience in a marketing role (nonprofit or association experience a plus)
- A degree in marketing, communications, journalism, public relations, or a related area is desired
- Innovative and resourceful; actively seeks opportunities to improve marketing and communications
- Proven track record of producing effective marketing plans and/or projects including web, email, and/or print components
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to produce and proofread written content quickly, accurately and on tight deadlines
- Strong time management skills and ability to manage concurrent tasks efficiently
- Superior attention to detail; first-class organizational skills
- Exceptional client service skills
- High energy, positive, professional attitude, take pride in work product
- Experienced at negotiating and building partnerships with vendors
- Strong computer skills to include: Microsoft Office, Salesforce or other CRM, Adobe CS6
- Basic website management experience and/or knowledge of CMS platforms and HTML required
- A depth of knowledge in social media strategy and building/maintaining social media accounts preferred
- Involvement with meeting/event planning and execution a plus
- Great team member: willing to roll up your sleeves and pitch in to help your colleagues when needed
- Experience working with non-profit organizations, volunteers and/or boards of directors a plus
What we offer
A highly collaborative and professional atmosphere where innovation, proactivity, and efficiency rule. We work hard together and laugh even harder. Our Shindig Squad plans fun parties, potlucks, happy hours, recognition awards, and more! We value problem-solvers and change-agents, and your contributions will be truly appreciated.
Annual salary $38 – 44K DOE plus benefits including health insurance paid at 80%, 401K employer contribution, 10 paid holidays, vacation and wellness time, professional development plan, and an annual educational stipend.
WORKING AT SBI ASSOCIATION MANAGEMENT:
SBI Association Management is located in the Northgate area of Seattle and was named as one of the 2012 finalists for Washington’s Best Workplaces by the Puget Sound Business Journal. We have a hardworking, dedicated team who will participate in the hiring process. All finalists may be asked to take an assessment evaluation and will receive a background check. For more information about our company and clients, please visit our website: www.sbims.com.