Marketing & Communications Coordinator
SBI Association Management provides innovative solutions to manage and grow nonprofits including a client portfolio of 30 national, state and local associations. Our success is deeply rooted in building a seasoned, strong team with a culture of responsibility, innovation, efficiency, honesty, and partnership. If you are self-motivated, creative, and passionate about marketing and communications please apply online today.
As a member of the Marketing and Communications team, you will implement marketing plans and provide project management support to a variety of non-profit professional associations being served by SBI, as well as provide marketing support directly to SBI. You will have the opportunity to flex your creativity by taking a lead role in developing engaging inbound marketing strategies and producing effective email marketing campaigns, promotional materials, newsletters, and social media. The ideal candidate must thrive in a challenging and fast-paced atmosphere where prioritizing and multi-tasking are the norm. Exceptional written and verbal communication, attention to detail, and first-class organizational skills are mandatory. This is a cross-functional position which serves on a Member Services Team, reporting directly to a Team Manager, while also actively participating as a member of SBI’s Marketing and Communications Team.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop marketing plans/timelines for email, web, and print
- Plan, develop copy, compile content, and distribute using email platforms; understanding of email automation or marketing automation preferred
- Produce error-free written content quickly, accurately, and on tight deadlines
- Serve as proof-reader for other members of the team
- Compile and analyze results of email marketing campaigns
- Manage assigned client websites, including maintaining current webpages and creating new webpages
- Perform thorough quality assurance checks on a regular basis for all assigned client websites
- Project manage new client website transitions and existing client website redesigns
- Generate web analytics via Google Analytics
- Assist with posting to client social media accounts
- Develop, proofread and/or publish SBI website and social media content
- Develop and send RFPs to marketing vendors for bids
- Work with designers and clients to create event marketing materials including logos, postcards, brochures, sponsorship and exhibitor prospectuses, presentations, program books, signage, etc.
- Project manage the creation of client membership publications to include magazines, newsletters, journals, etc.
- Create copy for creative pieces and manage edits
- Serve as a liaison between our clients and designers, printers, and other vendors on special projects
- Ensure regular collaboration and communication with Marketing and Communications, Member Services, Events and Finance teams to successfully execute assigned projects
- Staff communications/marketing committees, work with volunteers to implement marketing plan and produce marketing materials
- Provide input on budget and work within established budgets; create invoices and receipts as requested; track expenses for budget reconciliation
- Assist with sponsor/exhibitor solicitation, tracking and fulfillment
- Staff client events; includes occasional travel to regional and national meetings
- Perform data entry, daily administrative and assigned project management functions
- Other duties as assigned
- Three or more years of professional experience in a marketing role (nonprofit or association experience a plus)
- A degree in marketing, communications, journalism, public relations, or a related area is desired
- Innovative and resourceful; actively seeks opportunities to improve marketing and communications
- Proven track record of producing effective marketing plans and/or projects including web, email, and/or print components
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to produce and proofread written content quickly, accurately and on tight deadlines
- Strong time management skills and ability to manage concurrent tasks efficiently
- Superior attention to detail; first-class organizational skills
- Exceptional client service skills
- High energy, positive, professional attitude, take pride in work product
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) a plus
- Exposure to Salesforce or other CRM systems, WordPress or other CMS tool strongly preferred
- Basic website management experience; HTML preferred
- Experience with Google Analytics desired
- A depth of knowledge in social media strategy and building/maintaining social media accounts preferred
- Involvement with meeting/event planning and execution or vendor management a plus
- Experience working with non-profit organizations, volunteers and/or boards of directors a plus
- Great team member: willing to roll up your sleeves and pitch in to help your colleagues when needed
What we offer
A highly collaborative and professional atmosphere where innovation, proactivity, and efficiency rule. We work hard together and laugh even harder. Our Shindig Squad plans fun parties, potlucks, happy hours, recognition awards, and more! We value problem-solvers and change-agents, and your contributions will be truly appreciated.
Annual salary $40-44K DOE plus benefits including health insurance paid at 80%, 401K employer contribution, 10 paid holidays, vacation and wellness time, professional development plan, and an annual educational stipend.
WORKING AT SBI ASSOCIATION MANAGEMENT:
SBI Association Management is located in the Northgate area of Seattle and was named as one of the finalists for Washington’s Best Workplaces by the Puget Sound Business Journal. We have a hardworking, dedicated team that will participate in the hiring process. All finalists may be asked to take an assessment evaluation and will receive a background check. For more information about our company and clients, please visit our website: www.sbims.com.