Marketing & Communications Coordinator
Location: US – either remote or based out of our Seattle, WA office
Range: $50,000 – $55,000 annually, DOE
SBI is seeking a Marketing & Communications Coordinator to join our team of wordsmiths, digital designers, and analytics geeks. The MarCom Team partners with SBI’s clients to establish an overarching marketing strategy to support their goals, such as growing membership, increasing event attendance, providing professional education, influencing legislation and encouraging advocacy, and much more!
As a member of the Marketing and Communications Team, you will implement marketing plans and provide project management support to a variety of non-profit professional associations being served by SBI. You will have the opportunity to flex your creativity by taking a lead role in developing engaging inbound marketing strategies and producing effective email marketing campaigns, promotional materials, newsletters, and social media. This is a cross-functional position that will closely collaborate with Association Executives, Member Services, and Events teams, and reports directly to the Director of Marketing and Communications.
What you’ll be doing…
- Developing marketing plans/timelines for email, web, and print
- Planning, developing copy, compiling content, and distributing communications using email platforms
- Producing error-free written content quickly, accurately, and on tight deadlines
- Serving as a proof-reader for other members of the team
- Compiling and analyzing results of email marketing campaigns
- Managing assigned client websites, including maintaining current webpages and creating new webpages
- Performing thorough quality assurance checks on a regular basis for all assigned client websites
- Project managing new client website transitions and existing client website redesigns
- Generating web analytics via Google Analytics
- Assisting with posting to client social media accounts
- Developing, proofreading and/or publishing SBI website and social media content
- Developing and sending RFPs to marketing vendors for bids
- Working with designers and clients to create event marketing materials including logos, postcards, brochures, sponsorship and exhibitor prospectuses, promotional videos, presentations, program books, signage, etc.
- Project managing the creation of client membership publications to include magazines, newsletters, journals, etc.
- Creating copy for creative pieces and managing edits
- Serving as a liaison between our clients and designers, printers, and other vendors on special projects
- Ensuring regular collaboration and communication with Marketing and Communications, Member Services, Events, and Finance teams to successfully execute assigned projects
- Staffing communications/marketing committees, working with volunteers to implement marketing plans and produce marketing materials
- Providing input on budget and work within established budgets; creating invoices and receipts as requested; tracking expenses for budget reconciliation
- Assisting with sponsor/exhibitor solicitation, tracking, and fulfillment
- Staffing client events (includes occasional travel to regional and national meetings)
- Performing data entry for daily administrative and assigned project management functions
This job might be for you if…
- You enjoy a flurry of activity and catch a buzz working in an energetic atmosphere with other driven professionals.
- You’ve been told you have a way with words and an eye for detail.
- You’re innovative and resourceful, take pride in your work, and actively look for opportunities to make stuff better.
- You are skilled at collaborating with both volunteers and support staff to deliver high-quality content.
- You can project manage like a pro: leading, prioritizing, renegotiating, and most importantly communicating with everyone involved.
- You’re a great team member who wants to work with other great team members: you’re positive, professional, and happy to roll up your sleeves and pitch in when needed.
You should bring these things to the table…
- 2+ years of professional experience in marketing, communications, journalism, public relations or related field
- Proven track record of producing effective marketing plans and/or projects including web, email, and/or print components
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to produce and proofread written content quickly, accurately and on tight deadlines
- Demonstrable experience working with Adobe Creative Suite applications including InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Proficiency in full Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong time management skills and ability to manage concurrent tasks efficiently
It would be extra awesome if you also had…
- Nonprofit or association experience (or experience working with boards and/or volunteers)
- Exposure to Salesforce or other customer relationship management (CRM) systems
- Exposure to WordPress or other content management systems (CMS)
- Basic website management experience, including a working knowledge of HTML and design and email automation software
- Experience with Google Analytics
- A depth of knowledge in social media strategy and building/maintaining social media accounts
What we offer…
As the leading Association Management Company (AMC) in the Pacific Northwest, SBI Association Management is known for providing innovative technology solutions, marketing, event management, financial, and executive services to manage and grow member-based, professional societies and associations. Our success is deeply rooted in building a seasoned, strong team with a culture of collaboration, integrity, and transparency. Read more about our Vision, Mission, Values, and Commitments.
We work hard together and laugh even harder; our Shindig Squad plans fun parties, potlucks, virtual happy hours, recognition awards, staff retreats, and more! We value problem solvers and change agents, and your contributions will be truly appreciated. Meet the folks you would be working with.
Benefits & Perks
- 11 paid holidays
- Paid vacation and wellness time
- 401k with 50% employer match
- Employer-subsidized healthcare plans including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Employer-paid $25k of basic life/AD&D coverage
- Optional supplemental life insurance
- Access to our employee assistance program (including 3 free counseling sessions, will preparation, estate planning, and more)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid professional association membership(s)
- …and much more!