As the leading Association Management Company (AMC) in the Pacific Northwest, SBI Association Management is known for providing innovative technology solutions, marketing, event management, financial, and executive services to manage and grow member-based, professional societies and associations.
We are seeking a proactive and flexible individual with a strong sense of accountability and a keen eye for detail to join our team as Event Planner. Employees in this position provide meeting planning and logistical support for meetings and events in the greater Seattle area and throughout North America for a variety of nonprofit professional associations. This position reports directly to a Team Manager on an assigned Member Services Team and serves as a member of the Events Team.
If you are self-motivated, creative, and passionate about planning exceptional event experiences, please apply online.
- Under the direction of senior event staff, provide day-to-day event planning, preparation, and project management for multiple regional and national meetings, large-scale conferences, and other events for a variety of clients simultaneously
- Ensure best practices are maintained for all events managed by assigned Member Services team; participate in team meetings and work collaboratively to complete client work with an emphasis on event-related projects
- Serve as a member of the Events Team; support the development and adoption of best practices, training, and high standards of excellence across all SBI client events
- Provide project coordination for the team by effectively delegating and assigning tasks, creating timelines and helping team members to prioritize workloads
- Staff and manage volunteer committees; cultivate strong relationships and drive volunteers to develop actionable event work plans and meet deadlines
- Own the execution and implementation of assigned events with a strong sense of accountability
- Ensure regular collaboration and communication with Member Services, MarCom, and Finance and Operations teams to successfully execute assigned projects
- Effectively utilize internal professional services automation system to develop, manage and track event project timelines and related tasks
- Collaborate with team members to implement successful marketing and communications for client websites, meetings, and events via email, web, and print
- Collaborate with team members to create and maintain online components of client websites to include registration forms, event webpages, surveys, etc.
- Under the direction of senior event staff, conduct site inspections; research and evaluate venues and facilities; make recommendations to association leadership regarding site selection
- Manage, review, and negotiate venue, hotel, AV and related contracts
- Manage the creation of event publications, signage, syllabus materials, and conference apps
- Provide high-touch customer service to all clients; work directly with registrants on problems and inquiries
- Prepare BEO information with event venues
- Coordinate travel, lodging, and expenses for participants traveling to meetings
- Create and manage event budgets; collect registration, sponsorship and exhibit income
- Develop and maintain solid relationships with exhibitors/sponsors
- Facilitate speaker and sponsor/exhibitor tracking
- Manage meeting preparation, supplies ordering, and packing/shipping of event materials
- Manage onsite event registration; includes occasional travel to regional and national meetings
- Create and analyze online evaluations and prepare post-event reports
- Produce error-free written content quickly, accurately and on tight deadlines
- Successfully multi-task and prioritize workload
- 3+ years professional meeting/event planning and execution (nonprofit or association experience a plus)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Innovative and resourceful; actively seeks opportunities to improve the event planning process and attendee experience
- Ability to see the big picture and strategically align events with overarching client goals
- Experience with negotiating and building partnerships with vendors is desirable
- High energy, positive, professional attitude, take pride in work product
- Great team member: willing to roll up your sleeves and pitch in to help your colleagues when needed
- Tech-savvy; strong computer skills to include Microsoft Office, CRM and/or AMS platforms, event registration systems, and online applications
- Basic website management experience and/or knowledge of CMS platforms, email marketing programs, and HTML preferred
- Exceptional client service skills and enjoys working with the public
- Experience working with multiple clients simultaneously is desirable
- Strong time management skills and ability to manage concurrent tasks efficiently
- Superior attention to detail; first-class organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Washington State Driver’s License and good driving record
What we offer
A highly collaborative and professional atmosphere where innovation, proactivity, and efficiency rule. We work hard together and laugh even harder. Our Shindig Squad plans fun parties, potlucks, happy hours, recognition awards, and more! We value problem-solvers and change-agents, and your contributions will be truly appreciated.
Salary $45-55K DOE annually to include: health insurance paid at 80%, 401K employer contribution, 10 paid holidays, vacation and wellness time, professional development plan, and an annual educational stipend.
This position is based out of SBI’s office located in the Northgate area of Seattle, Washington. SBI was named as one of the 2012 finalists for Washington’s Best Workplaces by the Puget Sound Business Journal and we have a hardworking, dedicated team who will participate in the hiring process. All finalists will receive a background check.