As the leading Association Management Company (AMC) in the Pacific Northwest, SBI Association Management is known for providing innovative technology solutions, marketing, event management, financial, and executive services to manage and grow member-based, professional societies and associations. Our success is deeply rooted in building a seasoned, strong team with a culture of responsibility, innovation, efficiency, honesty, and partnership.
Employees in this position provide event planning oversight and project management by taking a lead role in the planning and execution of events in the greater Seattle area and throughout North America for a variety of professional associations. This position also supports the implementation of best practices and the adoption of high standards of excellence for all client events. This position reports directly to the Director of Events and serves as a member of the Events team. If you are self-motivated, creative, and passionate about planning exceptional event experiences, please apply online.
- Accountable to provide full-service event planning for multiple clients, including in-person, fully virtual, and hybrid events
- Provide day-to-day event planning, preparation, and project management for multiple national meetings, large-scale conferences, and other events for a variety of clients simultaneously
- Ensure best practices are maintained for all events managed; participate in team meetings and work collaboratively to complete client work with an emphasis on event-related projects
- Research and provide recommendations for virtual event platforms and other necessary third-party apps; play lead role in training staff and volunteers for selected technology solutions
- Serve as a member of the Events team; support the development and adoption of best practices, training, and high standards of excellence across all SBI client events
- Provide project coordination for the team by effectively delegating and assigning tasks, creating timelines and making sure that all team members are on track with project requirements, deadlines, and schedules
- Staff and manage volunteer committees; cultivate strong relationships and drive volunteers to develop actionable event work plans and meet deadlines
- Own the execution and implementation of assigned events with a strong sense of accountability, ownership, and leadership
- Ensure regular collaboration and communication with Member Services, MarCom, and Finance and Operations teams to successfully execute assigned projects
- Effectively utilize internal professional services automation system to develop, manage and track event project timelines and related tasks
- Oversee the implementation of successful marketing and communications for client websites, meetings, and events via email, web, and print
- Oversee the creation and maintenance of online components of client websites to include registration forms, event web pages, surveys, etc.
- Conduct site inspections; research and evaluate venues and facilities; make recommendations to association leadership regarding site selection
- Manage, review, and negotiate venue, hotel, AV, and related contracts
- Oversee the creation of event publications, signage, syllabus materials, and conference apps
- Provide high-touch customer service to all clients; work directly with registrants on problems and inquiries
- Prepare BEO information with event venues
- Coordinate travel, lodging, and expenses for participants traveling to meetings
- Create and manage event budgets; collect registration, sponsorship and exhibit income
- Develop and maintain solid relationships with exhibitors/sponsors
- Facilitate speaker and sponsor/exhibitor tracking
- Manage meeting preparation, supplies ordering, and packing/shipping of event materials
- Oversee staffing at events and manage onsite event registration; includes occasional travel to regional and national meetings
- Create and analyze online evaluations and prepare post-event reports
- Produce error-free written content quickly, accurately, and on tight deadlines
- Successfully multi-task and prioritize workload
- Accountability to ensure successful events for our clients
- Ability to lead multiple projects of various sizes simultaneously and see them through to completion
- Leads both volunteers and support staff in delivering high-quality event experiences
- Able to develop and supervise client budgets
- Innovative and resourceful; actively seeks opportunities to take a leadership role in the execution of improving the event planning process and attendee experience
- Direct experience with planning & overseeing logistics of virtual and/or hybrid events, including (but not limited to) platform selection, training (staff & volunteers), and providing guidance on end-user design. Exposure to/expertise with various platforms highly valued.
- Direct experience coordinating volunteer-led programs/events and/or staffing committees or Boards of Directors desirable
- Ability to see the big picture and strategically align events with overarching client goals
- Experience with negotiating and building partnerships with vendors, sponsors, and exhibitors
- High energy, positive, professional attitude, take pride in work product
- Great team member: willing to roll up your sleeves and pitch in to help your colleagues when needed
Education & Skills
- 4+ years of professional meeting/event planning and execution; including virtual/hybrid event experience
- Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) preferred; up-to-date on current trends in the meetings industry
- Tech-savvy; strong computer skills to include Microsoft Office, CRM and/or AMS platforms, event registration systems, and online applications
- Basic website management experience and/or knowledge of CMS platforms, email marketing programs, and HTML preferred
- Exceptional client service skills and enjoys working with the public
- Strong time management skills and ability to manage concurrent tasks efficiently
- Superior attention to detail; first-class organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What we offer
A highly collaborative and professional atmosphere where innovation, proactivity, and efficiency rule. We work hard together and laugh even harder. Our Shindig Squad plans fun parties, potlucks, happy hours, recognition awards, and more! We value problem-solvers and change agents, and your contributions will be truly appreciated.
Annual salary $52,000 – $62,000 DOE plus benefits including 401k (with employer match), 10 paid holidays, vacation and wellness time, medical/dental plans, vision plans, basic & supplemental life, employee assistance program, tuition reimbursement, paid professional association membership(s) and much more!
SBI is headquartered in Seattle, Washington. This job may be done remotely from anywhere in the US.
SBI was named as one of the finalists for Washington’s Best Workplaces by the Puget Sound Business Journal and we have a hardworking, dedicated team who will participate in the hiring process.