As the leading Association Management Company (AMC) in the Pacific Northwest, SBI Association Management is known for providing innovative technology solutions, marketing, event management, financial, and executive services to manage and grow member-based, professional societies and associations.
We are seeking a proactive and flexible individual with a strong sense of accountability and a keen eye for detail to join our team as Event Coordinator. Employees in this position provide meeting planning and logistical support for meetings and events in the greater Seattle area and throughout North America for a variety of nonprofit professional associations. This position reports directly to an Association Executive on an assigned Member Services Team and serves as a member of the Events Team.
If you are self-motivated, creative, and passionate about planning exceptional event experiences, please apply online.
- Provide day-to-day project support for multiple national meetings, large-scale conferences and other events for a variety of clients simultaneously
- Serve as lead event planner for small client events and trainings; own the planning and execution of assigned events with a strong sense of accountability
- Manage and own event registration process from creation of forms to preparing final registration lists and materials with an impeccable eye for detail
- Manage event preparation, supplies ordering, and packing/shipping of event materials
- Actively participate in team meetings and work as a team player to complete client work, with an emphasis on event-related projects and tasks
- Staff and manage volunteer committees; cultivate strong relationships and drive volunteers to develop actionable event work plans and meet deadlines
- Use SBI’s professional services automation system to track event project timelines and manage your assigned tasks
- Assist with development, production, and distribution of event marketing communications via email, web, and print
- Update and maintain online components of client websites and registration forms
- Coordinate the production of event program materials and signage, mobile apps, evaluation surveys, etc.
- Manage speaker correspondence, contracts, speaker bios, session descriptions, handouts, RFPs, etc.
- Manage sponsor/exhibitor correspondence, and tracking, and recognition
- Research and negotiate venue, hotel, AV, and related contracts with oversight from AE and/or Event Manager
- Prepare BEO information with event venues with oversight from AE and/or Event Manager
- Assist in collecting, tracking, and maintaining hotel guest room lists and reports
- Provide high-touch customer service to all clients; work directly with registrants on problems and inquiries
- Staff events and manage onsite event registration; includes occasional travel to regional and national meetings
- Perform data entry and daily administrative functions; create invoices, receipts, and track expenses for event budget reconciliation
- Successfully multi-task and prioritize workload
- Produce error-free written content quickly, accurately and on tight deadlines
- Assist in implementing systems and standard practices cross-client for efficient and effective quality event tracking and preparation
- Ensure regular collaboration and communication with Member Services, MarCom, and Finance teams to successfully execute assigned projects
- 2+ years professional meeting/event planning and execution (nonprofit or association experience a plus)
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, nonprofit management or related field
- Innovative and resourceful; actively seeks opportunities to improve the event planning process and attendee experience
- Ability to see the big picture and strategically align events with overarching client goals
- Experience with negotiating and building partnerships with vendors is desirable
- High energy, positive, professional attitude, take pride in work product
- Great team member: willing to roll up your sleeves and pitch in to help your colleagues when needed
- Tech-savvy; strong computer skills to include Microsoft Office, CRM and/or AMS platforms, event registration systems, and online applications
- Basic website management experience and/or knowledge of CMS platforms, email marketing programs, and HTML preferred
- Exceptional client service skills and enjoys working with the public
- Experience working with multiple clients simultaneously is desirable
- Strong time management skills and ability to manage concurrent tasks efficiently
- Superior attention to detail; first-class organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Washington State Driver’s License and good driving record
What we offer
A highly collaborative and professional atmosphere where innovation, proactivity, and efficiency rule. We work hard together and laugh even harder. Our Shindig Squad plans fun parties, potlucks, happy hours, recognition awards, and more! We value problem-solvers and change-agents, and your contributions will be truly appreciated.
Salary $40-46K DOE annually to include: health insurance paid at 80%, 401K employer contribution, 10 paid holidays, vacation and wellness time, professional development plan, and an annual educational stipend.
This position is based out of SBI’s office located in the Northgate area of Seattle, Washington. SBI was named as one of the 2012 finalists for Washington’s Best Workplaces by the Puget Sound Business Journal and we have a hardworking, dedicated team who will participate in the hiring process. All finalists will receive a background check.