Location: Greater Seattle Area, WA preferred. The majority of work can be done remotely from home, but candidates must be willing and able to report to the office as needed.
Range: $52,800 – $55,000 annually, DOE
SBI is seeking an Event Coordinator to join our team of vibe-creators, pro-planners, and controlled chaos-conductors. The Events Team partners with SBI’s clients to outline goals and bring their vision to life for events big and small, offering full-service event management for both in-person and virtual events.
As a member of the Events Team, you’ll use your keen eye for detail to provide meeting planning and logistical support for meetings and events in the greater Seattle area and throughout North America for a variety of professional associations. This is a cross-functional position that will closely collaborate with Association Executives, Member Services, and Marketing & Communications teams, and reports directly to the Director of Events.
What you’ll be doing…
- Providing day-to-day project support for multiple national meetings, large-scale conferences and other events for a variety of clients simultaneously
- Serving as lead event planner for small client events and trainings; owning the planning and execution of assigned events with a strong sense of accountability
- Researching and providing recommendations for virtual event platforms and other necessary third-party apps; playing a lead role in training staff and volunteers for selected technology solutions
- Managing and owning the event registration process from the creation of forms to preparing final registration lists and materials with an impeccable eye for detail
- Managing event preparation, supply ordering, and packing/shipping of event materials
- Actively participating in team meetings and working as a team player to complete client work, with an emphasis on event-related projects and tasks
- Staffing and managing volunteer committees; cultivating strong relationships and driving volunteers to develop actionable event work plans and meet deadlines
- Effectively utilizing our internal professional services automation system to track event project timelines and manage your assigned tasks as well as your project team’s tasks (as needed)
- Assisting with the development, production, and distribution of event marketing communications via email, web, and print
- Updating and maintaining online components of client websites and registration forms
- Coordinating the production of event program materials and signage, mobile apps, evaluation surveys, etc.
- Managing speaker correspondence, contracts, speaker bios, session descriptions, handouts, RFPs, etc.
- Managing sponsor/exhibitor correspondence, and tracking, and recognition
- Researching and negotiating venue, hotel, AV, and related contracts with oversight from Association Executive and/or Event Manager
- Preparing BEO information with event venues with oversight from AE and/or Event Manager
- Assisting in collecting, tracking, and maintaining hotel guest room lists and reports
- Serving as a member of the Events team; supporting the development and adoption of best practices, training, and high standards of excellence across all SBI client events
- Providing high-touch customer service to all clients; working directly with registrants on problems and inquiries
- Staffing events and managing onsite event registration (includes occasional travel to regional and national meetings)
- Performing data entry and daily administrative functions; creating invoices, receipts, and tracking expenses for event budget reconciliation
- Ensuring regular collaboration and communication with Member Services, MarCom, and Finance teams to successfully execute assigned projects
This job might be for you if…
- You thrive on the ups and downs of event planning, knowing that seeing smiling attendees makes all the stress worth it.
- You dot your i’s and cross your t’s…you have a list and check it twice…you understand that by failing to prepare, you prepare to fail.
- You project manage like a pro, supporting multiple projects of various sizes simultaneously and seeing them through to completion.
- You’re comfortable coordinating with both volunteers and support staff to deliver high-quality event experiences.
- You’re driven to provide top-notch customer service; you do your best to anticipate your client’s needs and proactively offer suggestions.
- You’re innovative and resourceful, take pride in your work, and actively look for opportunities to make stuff better.
- You’re a great team member who wants to work with other great team members: you’re positive, professional, and happy to roll up your sleeves and pitch in when needed.
You should bring these things to the table…
- 2+ years of professional meeting/event planning and execution
- Tech-savvy; strong computer skills to include Microsoft Office, CRM and/or AMS platforms, event registration systems, and online applications
- A strong sense of accountability to ensure successful events for our clients
- Strong time management skills and ability to manage concurrent tasks efficiently
- Direct experience planning and/or managing logistics of virtual events and/or event apps, including platform selection, training (staff & volunteers), and providing guidance on end-user design
- Exceptional client service skills and enjoy working with the public
- Superior attention to detail; first-class organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
It would be extra awesome if you also had…
- Nonprofit or association experience; or direct experience coordinating volunteer-led programs/events and/or staffing committees or Boards of Directors
- Proven virtual and/or hybrid event experience
- Exposure to Salesforce or other customer relationship management (CRM) systems
- Basic website management experience and/or knowledge of content management systems (CMS), email marketing programs, and HTML
What we offer…
As the leading Association Management Company (AMC) in the Pacific Northwest, SBI Association Management is known for providing innovative technology solutions, marketing, event management, financial, and executive services to manage and grow member-based, professional societies and associations. Our success is deeply rooted in building a seasoned, strong team with a culture of collaboration, integrity, and transparency. Read more about our Vision, Mission, Values, and Commitments.
We work hard together and laugh even harder; our Shindig Squad plans fun parties, potlucks, virtual happy hours, recognition awards, staff retreats, and more! We value problem solvers and change agents, and your contributions will be truly appreciated. Meet the folks you would be working with.
Benefits & Perks
- 11 paid holidays
- Paid vacation and wellness time
- 401k with 50% employer match
- Employer-subsidized healthcare plans including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Employer-paid $25k of basic life/AD&D coverage
- Optional supplemental life insurance
- Laptop computer and all related equipment and software necessary to perform your duties
- Access to our employee assistance program (including 3 free counseling sessions, will preparation, estate planning, and more)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid professional association membership(s)
- …and much more!