Do you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment where prioritizing and multi-tasking are the norm?
Are you proactive and forward-thinking?
Do you take pride in your work and ownership of your projects?
Do you have exceptional attention to detail and first-class organizational skills?
Have you worked within event registration systems, maintained websites and assisted with marketing campaigns?
If you answered “yes” to the questions above, consider applying online today for the Event Administrator position with SBI Association Management, a progressive Seattle-based association management company. In this role, you will support a team of Association Executives, Event Managers, and Marketing and Member Services specialists in producing engaging client events in the greater Seattle area and throughout North America for a variety of nonprofit professional associations. We are seeking a creative, energetic and fun professional with an entrepreneurial spirit and strong sense of individual accountability to add to our growing team. This is a great position for a recent college graduate or someone early in their career looking to grow and flex their event planning skills!
In this position you will:
- Provide day-to-day project support for multiple national meetings, large-scale conferences and other events for a variety of clients simultaneously
- Successfully multi-task and prioritize workload
- Ensure regular collaboration and communication with Member Services, MarCom, and Finance teams to successfully execute assigned projects
- Participate in team meetings and work as a team player to complete client work, with an emphasis on event-related projects and tasks
- Use SBI’s professional services automation system to track event project timelines and manage your assigned tasks
- Assist with development, production, and distribution of event marketing communications via email, web, and print
- Update and maintain online components of client websites and registration forms
- Assist with development and production of event program materials and signage, mobile apps, evaluation surveys, etc.
- Assist with the digital management of contracts, speaker bios, session descriptions, handouts, RFPs, etc.
- Assist with sponsor/exhibitor correspondence, and tracking, and recognition
- Assist in collecting, tracking and maintaining hotel guest room lists and reports
- Provide “first touch” customer service to all clients: answer phone and email inquiries
- Work directly with event registrants to answer inquiries and troubleshoot issues
- Assist with event preparation, supplies ordering and packing/shipping of event materials
- Staff events and manage onsite event registration; includes occasional travel to regional and national meetings
- Perform data entry and daily administrative functions
- Create invoices and receipts as requested; track expenses for event budget reconciliation
- Produce error-free written content quickly, accurately and on tight deadlines
- Assist in implementing systems and standard practices cross-client for efficient and effective quality event tracking and preparation
You are qualified for this position if you can demonstrate:
- 1-3 years professional experience with involvement in meeting/event planning, event registration or execution (nonprofit or association experience a plus)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional client service skills and enjoy working with the public
- Superior attention to detail; first class organizational and time management skills with demonstrated ability to manage concurrent tasks efficiently
- Possess high energy, positive, professional attitude; take pride in your work
- Ability to produce error-free written content quickly, accurately and on tight deadlines
- Strong computer skills to include: Microsoft Office Suite; experience using online registration, AMS, or CRM database systems desirable
- Basic website maintenance experience and/or knowledge of HTML preferred
- Great team member: willing to roll up your sleeves and pitch in to help your colleagues when needed
- Experience working with non-profit organizations, volunteers and/or boards of directors a plus
- Washington State Driver’s License and good driving record
What we offer:
A highly collaborative and professional atmosphere where innovation, proactivity, and efficiency rule. We work hard together and laugh even harder. Our Shindig Squad plans fun parties, potlucks, happy hours, recognition awards, and more! We value problem-solvers and change-agents, and your contributions will be truly appreciated.
Annual salary $37-42K DOE plus: health insurance paid at 80%, 401K employer contribution, 10 paid holidays, vacation and wellness time, professional development plan, and an annual educational stipend.
Working at SBI Association Management:
As the leading AMC in the Pacific Northwest, SBI Association Management is known for providing innovative technology solutions, marketing, event management, financial, and executive services to manage and grow member-based professional societies and associations. SBI provides strategic counsel and manages the day-to-day of its client organizations so their members can thrive.
SBI is located in the Northgate area of Seattle and was named as one of the 2012 finalists for Washington’s Best Workplaces by the Puget Sound Business Journal. We have a hardworking, dedicated team who will participate in the hiring process. All finalists may be asked to take an assessment evaluation and will receive a background check.