Finance & Operations Coordinator
As the leading Association Management Company (AMC) in the Pacific Northwest, SBI Association Management is known for providing innovative technology solutions, marketing, event management, financial, and executive services to manage and grow member-based, professional societies and associations.
We are seeking a proactive and flexible individual with a strong sense of accountability and a keen eye for detail to join our team as a Finance & Operations Coordinator. Employees in this position provide day-to-day bookkeeping support for a variety of professional associations, as well as operations support for SBI. This position reports directly to the Vice President of Finance and Operations.
If you are interested in this position, please apply online.
Association Financial Management:
- Manage Accounts Payable (A/P) for multiple associations
- Maintain and file hard copy and electronic financial records
- Generate monthly financial reports for 25+ associations to include membership numbers and financial narrative
- Prepare membership reports
- Enter budgets into Quickbooks and other data entry as needed
- Provide customer service to and correspondence with the association leadership, members, vendors, and partners
- Generate invoices as needed
Association Database Management:
- Reconcile association database activity against QuickBooks entries for 25+ clients monthly
- Test and approve membership and event registration forms for correct revenue account setup
- Process membership data imports
- Process and track refunds and cancellations
- Reconcile association events stats and attendance; provide final reporting
- Ensure correct insurance is purchased for associations (D&O; General Liability; Convention Cancellation as required)
- Maintain master list of insurance policies for associations and SBI
- Create and distribute association annual compliance letters
- Log incoming checks
- Assist with association transitions incoming and outgoing
- Champion change and demonstrate an aptitude to improve current processes and procedures
- Payroll management
- Maintain HR policies, procedures, and records
- Employee onboarding and exit paperwork and project management
- Compliance reporting and records
- Associate’s degree or two years of college-level training in accounting/bookkeeping
- Three to five years’ experience working in an accounting or finance related role
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Superior attention to detail; first-class organizational skills
- High energy, positive, professional attitude, pride in work product
- Ability to compile and produce reports quickly and accurately
- Strong computer skills required: QuickBooks, Microsoft Office
- Experience using a CRM, database, and/or project management platforms (e.g. ConnectWise, Salesforce) desired
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to manage concurrent tasks efficiently
- Creative, energetic and fun professional with an entrepreneurial spirit who is a great team member: willing to roll up your sleeves and pitch in to help your colleagues when needed
What we offer
A highly collaborative and professional atmosphere where innovation, proactivity, and efficiency rule. We work hard together and laugh even harder. Our Shindig Squad plans fun parties, potlucks, happy hours, recognition awards, and more! We value problem-solvers and change-agents, and your contributions will be truly appreciated.
Annual salary $45,000 – $55,000 DOE plus: health insurance paid at 80%, 401K employer contribution, 10 paid holidays, vacation and wellness time, professional development plan, and an annual educational stipend.
This position is based out of SBI’s office located in the Northgate area of Seattle, Washington. SBI was named as one of the 2012 finalists for Washington’s Best Workplaces by the Puget Sound Business Journal and we have a hardworking, dedicated team who will participate in the hiring process. All finalists will receive a background check.