As the leading Association Management Company (AMC) in the Pacific Northwest, SBI Association Management is known for providing innovative technology solutions, marketing, event management, financial, and executive services to manage and grow member-based, professional societies and associations.
We are seeking a full-time Association Executive to provide operational and strategic leadership for a portfolio of associations. This is a highly visible role that demands extensive customer service skills, a high level of professionalism, and the ability to interface with association leadership regarding the conditions and operations of the organization. You will provide leadership, counsel, and direction to association Board members, volunteers, and staff and oversee the operations of each association.
Success in this position requires a positive, results-oriented account manager with excellent follow-through and attention to detail; the ability to identify and manage resources required to provide client services; impeccable nonprofit leadership and governance skills; strong and persuasive communication skills; the ability to lead a customer-focused staff team; solid technology skills; and a flexible, entrepreneurial orientation. The ideal candidate must thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment where prioritizing and multi-tasking are the norm.
In this position you will be responsible for:
- Providing inspired, strategic guidance and counsel to client Boards of Directors
- Working with staff, Board of Directors, and members to carry out association strategic plans and align all association activities with strategic plans
- Managing association programs and services, developing new initiatives, and improving current offerings to meet the needs of members
- Facilitating efficient communication and effective service among and between volunteer leaders, committees, and members
- Strategic business planning to ensure long-term growth and sustainability of each organization
- Ensuring that each organization makes measurable progress against goals
- Keeping leadership fully informed on the conditions and operations of each association
- Attending meetings of the Board of Directors and Executive Committees; taking meeting minutes
- Ensuring that governance documents are current and adhered to (i.e., Bylaws, Policies & Procedures, Conflict of Interest, Records Retention)
- Developing annual budgets; reviewing monthly financials and annual tax returns
- Reviewing and negotiating vendor contracts
- Providing oversight, direction, and production of conferences, events, publications, marketing, and communications
- Identifies the need for additional staffing and recommends resources required to provide services outlined in the client agreement; actively participates in the recruitment and onboarding of new team members
- Serving as liaison with national association headquarters, lobbyists, and/or component societies
- Leading and mentoring a team of administrative, marketing, and event staff
You are qualified for this position if you can demonstrate that you have:
- At least five years’ experience as an association executive, account executive, or senior-level management role in a nonprofit organization
- Account management experience required with a successful track record in professional development, financial management, building internal consensus, and supporting external programs
- Innovative and resourceful; actively seeks opportunities to take a leadership role in improving association programs, events, policies, and procedures
- Exceptional client service skills and enjoy working with the public
- Superior attention to detail; first-class organizational skills
- High energy, positive, professional attitude; take pride in work product
- Ability to produce error-free written content quickly, accurately, and on tight deadlines
- Strong computer skills to include: Microsoft Office and experience using AMS or CRM platforms preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to manage concurrent tasks efficiently
- Great team leader with proven ability to inspire staff productivity, set clear expectations, and willing to roll up your sleeves and pitch in to help your colleagues when needed
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree and/or CAE desirable
What we offer
A highly collaborative and professional atmosphere where innovation, proactivity, and efficiency rule. We work hard together and laugh even harder. Our Shindig Squad plans fun parties, potlucks, happy hours, recognition awards, and more! We value problem-solvers and change-agents, and your contributions will be truly appreciated.
Annual salary DOE with benefits to include: health insurance paid at 80%, 401K employer contribution, 10 paid holidays, vacation and wellness time, professional development plan, and an annual educational stipend. Membership in ASAE, WSAE, and AMC Institute.
SBI is located in the Northgate area of Seattle and was named as one of the finalists for Washington’s Best Workplaces by the Puget Sound Business Journal. We have a hardworking, dedicated team who will participate in the hiring process. All finalists may be asked to take an assessment evaluation and will receive a background check.