As the leading Association Management Company (AMC) in the Pacific Northwest, SBI Association Management is known for providing innovative technology solutions, marketing, event management, financial, and executive services to manage and grow member-based, professional societies and associations.
We are seeking an experienced, energetic, organized Assistant Director to provide high-level support to an Association Executive (AE) and operational leadership to a portfolio of associations. This is a highly visible role that demands extensive customer service skills, a high level of professionalism, and the ability to interface with association leadership regarding the conditions and operations of each organization.
You will help manage day-to-day association operations and assist in the execution of client strategic goals. Excellent communication, solid technology skills, and organizational capabilities are a must along with sharp attention to details. This is a unique position with significant growth opportunity for an individual looking to develop their leadership and association management experience. The ideal candidate will be a results-driven, quality-oriented, and enthusiastic team player able to work under competing and varying deadlines.
- Support association executives in managing association programs and services, implementing new initiatives, and improving current offerings to meet the needs of members
- Serve as Association Executive for a number of small associations; keep leadership fully informed on the conditions and operations of each association and monitor client financial reports
- In AE’s absence, serve as primary point of contact for clients and team members
- Provide day-to-day customer service, administrative support, and project management as well as marketing and event coordination to a portfolio of associations
- Own the execution and implementation of assigned projects with a strong sense of accountability
- Set up, manage, and maintain multiple client databases; make suggestions for improvements and offer timelines for implementation
- Create, assign, and complete projects and service tickets in professional services automation platform
- Respond to multiple inquiries and requests, preparing communications and informational materials
- Interface with our clients’ Board of Directors, committees, members, and sponsors via phone, email, and in-person meetings and events
- Stay well informed about client associations and the industries they represent
- Provide support to committees; prepare meeting agendas and minutes
- Collaborate with multiple internal teams, including member services, events, marketing, and finance
- Actively participate in new client and employee onboarding
- Some travel required to regional and national board meetings and events
- Bachelor’s degree and at least three years’ relevant experience in association management, nonprofit program management, and/or an account services role
- Innovative and resourceful; actively seeks opportunities to take a leadership role in improving association programs, events, policies, and procedures
- Account management experience and/or an aspiration to become an Association Executive
- Strong leadership skills and/or management experience
- Exceptional client service skills and enjoy working with the public
- Superior attention to detail; first-class organizational skills
- High energy, positive, professional attitude; take pride in work product
- Reliable with an ability to work with minimum supervision and guidance
- Ability to produce error-free written content quickly, accurately, and on tight deadlines
- Strong computer skills to include: Microsoft Office and experience using AMS, Salesforce, or other CRM platforms
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible with strong time management skills and ability to manage concurrent tasks efficiently
- Great team leader with proven ability to inspire staff productivity, set clear expectations, and willing to roll up your sleeves and pitch in to help your colleagues when needed
WHAT WE OFFER
A modern, highly collaborative and professional atmosphere where innovation, proactivity, and efficiency rule. We work hard together and laugh even harder. Our Shindig Squad plans fun parties, potlucks, happy hours, recognition awards, and more! We value problem-solvers and change-agents, and your contributions will be truly appreciated.
Annual salary DOE plus benefits including health insurance paid at 80%, 401K employer contribution, 10 paid holidays, vacation and wellness time, professional development plan, and an annual educational stipend.